This position reports to accounting managerial staff and will be responsible for processing internal and external accounting transactions for an executive office agency within all department funding sources while exercising sound State of Arizona Accounting Manual and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles practices, with particular emphasis on internal control practices.
• Will manage the various funding accounts that are assigned by building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, completing a bi-monthly draw process for reimbursable grants, tracking fund budgets and timelines and preparing financial reports as required by federal and state statute and regulations
• Complete a monthly financial review and reconciliation for the purpose areas of General Ledger, Grants Management, Payroll and Fixed Assets. This process incorporates a review of financial data and fund balances to ensure costs are properly allocated to appropriate federal, state or other funding sources and to quickly identify and correct any errors
• Will also be expected to gain an understanding of requirements tied to certain federal grant funding sources and review financial information for compliance with these requirements
• Should have a basic understanding of the concepts, practices and methods of governmental accounting, internal control and fiscal management
• Proficiency in Excel is required and knowledge of ACCESS is desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major in accounting or finance from an accredited university or college is preferred
• Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation plus 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note that enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ariel Gonzalez at email@example.com for assistance
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.