The Department of Insurance and Financial Institutions supports an innovative and flexible workplace by offering work from home as an alternative work schedule arrangement whereby an employee is approved to work at home for part of that employee’s regular workweek. Most DIFI employees do not have an assigned physical workspace or work location and will work from home a majority of the time and only come into the office as needed.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for assisting front desk customers and process servers, prepare the agency's daily cash receipts reconciliation report, reconcile with those entered in the agency's internal licensing system (Salesforce), and enter cash receipts in the statewide accounting system (AFIS).
Enters vendor claims, internal transfers, and other accounting transactions into the State’s accounting system (AFIS). Invoice purchasing and procurement orders in the Arizona Procurement Portal (APP). Enters employee travel claims into Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS).
Reviews independent contractor billings and enters into statewide accounting system (AFIS). Consults with the supervisor to resolve complex issues; applies accounting principles and practices of governmental accounting while exercising discretion and independent judgment within the Administration Division's established practices; and performs related work as required.
• Serves as cashier, including assisting front desk customers and process servers. Distributes mail to other divisions within the agency. Maintains the agency's daily cash receipts report, ensuring that receipts are accurately categorized by fee type, recorded to the proper accounting fund and entered in the agency database program. Researches and resolves any inconsistencies between the receipt and supporting documentation
• Enters cash receipts into statewide accounting system (AFIS) for all fees received. Performs reconciliation of revenue transactions between the statewide accounting system (AFIS) and the agency's internal licensing database (Salesforce) and JBilling. Runs and distributes reports as needed and provides assistance to other divisions in researching and clearing items
• Processes and enters vendor claims, internal transfers, and other accounting transactions into the State’s accounting system (AFIS). Invoice purchasing and procurement orders in the Arizona Procurement Portal (APP), and performs all related procurement activities in accordance with State statutes, policy and procedures. Verifies the accuracy of invoice information and vendor remittance addresses. Reviews and resolves any discrepancies between invoice and purchase order and ensures all necessary back-up is present
• Reviews independent contractor billings and enters into statewide accounting system (AFIS). Communicates with division examination coordinators concerning billing and payments issues, researches and other accounting matters as assigned
• Verify agency employee travel claims, who travel regularly both within and outside the State of Arizona. Ensuring travel claims are within an allowable rate and all required documentation is provided. Accurately entering reimbursement into the Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS) for payroll reimbursement
• Knowledge of Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS)
• Knowledge of Arizona Procurement Portal (APP)
• General accounting guidelines and principles
• Knowledge of Google Sheets and/or Excel
• Knowledge of basic math calculations
• Skills in problem-solving, and accuracy with math calculations
• Skills with interacting with internal/external customers
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Accuracy in the use of a 10 key and computer
• Skills accurately entering data
• Ability to have a positive attitude when working with challenging situations with internal/external customers
• Ability to multi-task and change priorities as work demands change
• Ability to follow set guidelines and verbal instructions
• Knowledge of AFIS, Arizona Procurement Portal (APP), Google and Microsoft products
• High School Diploma or GED
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note that enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 364-0108. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DIFI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.