Being an Accountant, does that sound intriguing to you? Do you have experience being a supervisor? Come join our diverse Arizona Correctional Industries (ACI) team.
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is looking for an astute accountant to join our team as an Accounting Specialist Supervisor. This position supervises and is responsible for maintaining the inventories of raw materials, Upholstery, Metal Fabrication, License Plates, Clothing, Bedding, Commodity Products, and work-in-progress or finished goods at the Arizona Correctional Industries (ACI) facility.
For further information about the Arizona Correctional Industries visit: https://aci.az.gov/
- Analyzes inventory balances for all ACI Florence activities
- Supervises and coaches assigned staff and inmates
- Reviews, audits, reconciles, and reports production facilities inventories
- Maintains inventory controls of hazardous materials
- Coordinates, trains, and supervises staff and inmates on warehouse and accounting functions
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Generally accepted accounting principles
- Financial data preparation and inventory controls
- Basic manufacturing processes and ACI products
- Project and time management
- Personal computer and applications, including EPICOR, Microsoft Office, and Google suites
- Office equipment
- Hazardous material requirements, security, and inventory
- Security awareness of contraband infiltration
- Analyzing and interpreting of inventory data
- Financial data applications
- Report writing and auditing
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Accounting procedures
- Weighing, measuring, and inventory control
- Attention to detail and supervision
- Calculate, analyze, reconcile and summarize quantitative data
- Apply accounting, mathematical, and systems concepts to situations encountered in the workplace
- Understand complex scheduling needs and inventory issues
- Manage projects and meet established time frames
- Work independently with little to no supervision
- Lead/supervise assigned staff and inmate workers
- Work in a prison environment
- Learn and adhere to agency policies, procedures, Personnel Rules, and state and Federal laws
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management
- 12 Semesters hours in accounting courses
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory accounting experience in a manufacturing and inventory environment
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.