Address: 1700 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85007
The Arizona State Treasurer’s Office is seeking an Accounting Technician to provide entry-level, professional accounting support to the Administrative Services Division.
As the Accountant Technician, you will be held accountable for processing all the State agency deposits, handling of cash, checks, and other types of payment, and balancing and reconciling the front counter to AFIS reports. You will also be corresponding with agencies to provide information, assist with research, and resolve issues. The duties of this position allow for part-time remote work/telecommute.
• The principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of government accounting
• Policies and procedures established for the organization
• Microsoft Excel and Word and other automated systems
• Time management and organization
• Oral and written communications
• Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
• Maintaining accounting records through automated systems
• Data Entry and 10-key experience
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
• Apply work management techniques
• Perform other duties as necessary
The ideal candidate for this position has:
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills to handle explaining issues to customers
• Skill in using Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Have previous experience with AFIS, the statewide accounting system
• Data entry and 10-key experience
Finalists for this position will be required to submit to a criminal history investigation.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Selected candidate will participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Treasury Human Resources at 602.542.7875.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.