The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Accounting Specialist 1. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
• Review, analyze, monitor & maintain accurate individual member accounts do not exceed Federal resource limit. Establish budgets & setup recurring payments that are within monthly benefits received. Engage in collection activities &/or recommend contract action to Office of Licensing, Certification, & Regulation & Quality Assurance on any findings of misuse of members' benefits.
• Approve/Deny request for funds, issue & mail out payments by check. Approve/Deny monthly expense ledgers & onetime special funds expenditures. Review Social Security income & Room/Board billing for variances or discrepancies, report/request expedient resolution.
• Report delinquent items to our Qualified Vendors/Providers for resolution. Provide & explain procedure &/or policy on valid use of member funds, submission of monthly expense ledgers &/or one time special expenditures.
• Data entries &/or upload various information or documents into Exact Payee program. Download ACH deposits, update & prepare paper deposits. Monitor & respond to bank exception report & upload daily positive pay report. Provide technical support to DES/DDD Support Coordination on how to use the Exact Payee program, reset passwords, unlock accounts, modify use, add/delete users, etc.
• Complete & submit accounting of federal benefits to Social Security. Report changes to Social Security such as residence, employment, death, adoption, incarceration & hospitalization. Report monthly earnings & account balances. Complete & submit various documents to Social Security to avoid suspension or termination of federal benefits.
• Conduct phone interviews with Social Security for continuous disability benefits or additional benefits. Conduct phone interviews for Rep Payee requests. Coordinate process for disability determination of benefits with Support Coordination & DCS Case Manager.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP).
• Knowledge of DDD Services & Social Security Benefits.
• Knowledge of Principles, concepts, practices, methods and techniques of government accounting.
• Knowledge of Maintenance of financial accounts and records.
• Knowledge of the preparation of balance sheets, financial statements, summaries, audits, reconciliation and other reports.
• Knowledge of Researching cash deposits, cash receipts, expenditures, and revenue reconciliation.
• Knowledge of Public speaking.
• Skills in Summarizing and analyzing large amounts of information and data.
• Skills in Reading, understanding, and interpreting complex issues, rules, regulations and policies.
• Skills in Working as a contributing member of a cohesive work group.
• Skills in Records management.
• Skills in Maintaining positive interpersonal relationships.
• Skills in Problem solving, research and organization active listening.
• Skills in Advanced skills in Google Suite, Excel, Gmail, Rep Payee Program Software.
• Ability to Provide Clear and concise documentation.
• Ability to Reconcile accounts with a great deal of detail and accuracy.
• Ability to Calculate, analyze and reconcile data.
• Ability to Resolve interpersonal issues, provide training to mixed groups of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to Work with difficult customers to resolve issues.
• Ability to Cross trained on other duties of the unit staff.
• One year experience with cash handling and customer services.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• The position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- Rideshare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Brittany Carleno at 480-261-8879 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as sign language interpreter or alternative format by contacting 480-261-8879 or email@example.com. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.