3003 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
The Arizona Department of Child Safety is in search of an Accounting Specialist I with experience processing high volumes of invoices. The Accounting Specialist I also reviews, analyzes and researches provider payment issues.
DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at DCS!
- Examines, elevates, approves and denies payments for contracted child welfare services
- Ensures that the invoices meet the contract requirements
- Examines, elevates, approves and denies payments to placement providers; foster parents, group homes etc.
- Researches and analyzes data from provider invoices, case manager records, Guardian, and other sources
- Researches, reconciles, and resolves billing and provider payment discrepancies
- Provides customer service to providers via phone and email
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Accounting principles, techniques, and practices
- Multiple funded programs reflecting in various organizations
- Personal computers; Microsoft Office Suite
- 10-key touch
- Basic mathematics
- Verifying billing and claims
- Identifying, resolving discrepancies and reconciliation
- Problem identification and resolution
- Data entry
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Analyze and interpret data
- Work with various levels of staff
- Organize and prioritize work
- Learn and Adhere state and federal laws, rules, regulations and Department of Child Safety (DCS) policies and procedures relating to child welfare services
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Accounting experience; accounts payable/receivables
- Experience providing customer service
- Experience using CHILDS/Guardian
- Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
- Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.