The position provides support to Camp Navajo in all aspects of finance to include: general ledger reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivables, travel and financial status reporting. Responds to inquiries from internal and external customers through in-depth research. Prepares financial reports.
• ACCOUNTS PAYABLES AND RECEIVABLES - Responsible for all tasks associated with accounts payables and receivables. Receives and disseminates invoices, identifies and resolves invoicing discrepancies, conducts research within AFIS and APP to mitigate duplicate payments, receives payment approval from programs and inputs payments into the appropriate procurement and accounting systems. Maintains accounts payable aging report and resolves aging invoices through research. Resolves billing and payment issues with vendors through thorough research. Processes and enters all forms of accounts receivables / accounts payable within accounting software.
• RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - Creates and submits internal purchase requisitions. Assists with Purchasing/ Procurement, Reconciles Purchase Card activities. Quarterly and Annual Inventory assistance. Creates Letters of Obligation for Inter-Government funds transfer. Participates in Annual Budget preparation / Management.
• TRAVEL - Review / forward travel claims to Payroll for employee reimbursement. Stays current with changes to the State's travel policy.
• RESEARCH - Conducts extensive research to respond to internal and external inquiries pertaining to accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgets, payroll and travel to provide information. Gathers and compiles data and develops detailed reports summarizing the information.
• INTER-AGENCY REIMBURSEMENTS - Creates Letters of Obligation for reimbursement to appropriate state / federal agency. Maintains within Camp Navajo accounting system to ensure reimbursement is received.
• MONTH END CLOSE - Performs General Ledger Reconciliations. Reconciles detailed transaction reports, identifies and resolves discrepancies. Prepare budget vs. actual reports. Disseminates information to management.
• Budget development and execution.
• Fiscal management.
• Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS).
• State General Accounting Office (GAO) accounting manual.
• Computerized spreadsheet applications (Excel / Google Sheets).
• Problem analysis and resolution.
• Verbal and written communication.
• Organization and time management.
• Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
• Developing policies and procedures.
• Computer skills; analysis and interpretation of financial data.
• Establish priorities and meet deadlines and objectives.
• Work well with program managers, stakeholders and customers.
• Communicate effectively with a wide variety of individuals at various organizational levels.
• Learn to interpret and apply regulations and guidelines as they pertain to the area of assignment.
• Develop policies and procedures.
• Establish, implement and maintain internal controls and processes.
• Adapt to changing priorities.
Desired qualifications include any combination of education, training, and experience to meet job duties and responsibilities, to include experience in accounts payables, receivables, payroll and fixed assets.
Knowledge in the state accounting manual and the state's procurement process.
Successful completion of relevant training and college-level courses in the fields of accounting and finance.
Special Job Requirements:
• This position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• In State travel required.
• Individual is required to pass a criminal background investigation.
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible DEMA employees participate in excellent retirement programs provided by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and for fire personnel the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
DEMA is a smoke-free work environment.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.