100 N Tonto Rd. Suite 102
Payson, Arizona 85541
The position is responsible for providing administrative support to management and staff in South region.
- Prepares general correspondence
- Inputs case notes, compiles case records and prepares for closure
- Manages fleet assigned to office
- Coordinates activities within the unit
- Processes referral packets
- Creates and maintains spreadsheets
- Conducts research, orders police reports and completes forms for medical/school records request
- Answers telephone calls and refers to appropriate area
- Maintains filing system
- Functions as payroll coordinator
- Processes mail
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Principles and practices of administration and management
- Organizational structure
- Personal computers; Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Organization, prioritization and planning
- To analyze and resolve route problems
- Take initiative and practice sound judgment
Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the CPS Central Registry.
- Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university and one (1) year of required experience
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
In an effort to better serve our communities, DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.