This position supports a manager in a field office. Primary tasks include scheduling interviews, collecting documents for submission to Human Resources and Payroll, act as the fleet liaison for assigned office vehicles, building liaison and performs secretarial and administrative functions of a standard and confidential nature.
- Arranges interviews and submits hire paperwork
- Screens and routes incoming calls and answers general inquires
- Composes correspondence
- Prepares agenda and meeting materials
- Distributes incoming/outgoing mail
- Building liaison
- Establishes and maintains confidential files
- Compiles and computes monthly statistical reports
- Processes payroll and communicates related information
- Submits, files and maintains Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card records
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Styles and formats of difficult and complex reports
- Composing routine letters and memos
- Preparing and coordinating meeting/conference agendas
- Business English, grammar and spelling
- Basic mathematics
- Department of Child Safety (DCS) Personnel Rules and Regulations
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Detailed work with accuracy and speed
- Standard administrative functions
- Gathering and summarize data for reports
- Responding to public with tact, diplomacy and in timely manner
- Working with material of a confidential matter
- File maintenance
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Collaborate and coordinate completing assignments with other staff and agencies
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving record and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration.
Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the CPS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of state employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.