The Department of Economic Security (DES) is seeking a professional Administrative Assistant 3 to provide critical administrative and logistical support for the day-to-day training operations for all supported departments within the assigned division and for the Office of Professional Development, Division of Developmental Disabilities.
• Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks, including research, special projects, operational reports, development and modification of office procedures and forms, coordination of administrative activities between organizational units, composing a wide variety of correspondence, and interpreting and communicating organizational rules, regulations, and functions.
• Coordinates logistics of meetings and workgroups including invitations; schedules meeting rooms, arrangements, and background material preparation; updates project plans, agenda, and minutes.
• Prepares special reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries; selects relevant data from various sources.
• Knowledge of filing systems.
• Knowledge of customer service principles.
• Knowledge of business writing.
• Skill in conducting research, special projects, planning, and report preparation.
• Skill in developing or modifying procedures and forms to improve operational effectiveness.
• Skill in using computers, Internet-based applications, and working with databases, and Google Workspace.
• Skill in preparing operational reports.
• Ability to establish priorities, organize, and manage time productively.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Ability to retrieve, research, and interpret data from various reporting tools or systems.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Three years of responsible administrative experience; or a Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment from an accredited college or university and two years of responsible administrative experience; or a Master's degree in a field appropriate to the assignment from an accredited college or university and one-year responsible administrative experience.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• The position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please call Rose Ibe at (928) 225-4382 or email RIbe@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (928) 225-4382. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.