The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant 3 (AA 3) for the Family Assistance Administration, Policy Support Team. This position is a Statewide Telework opportunity.
Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of administrative tasks of considerable difficulty for the Policy Administration for the Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility, including but not limited to the following:
• Maintain Excel and Access operational databases and reports; issue assignments by identifying the correct assignment code with a predetermined due date; assign and key completed assignments in database; track action items for accuracy and timeliness; maintain various electronic files.
• Maintain weekly calendar for unit; issue weekly pending and monthly timeliness reports to staff and print reports for management review.
• Take meeting minutes during staff meetings and other meetings as assigned by manager; prepare meeting and/or training material for unit.
• Answer phone and direct calls to appropriate staff; provide written messages.
• Order supplies and maintain appropriate supply inventory; store and organize supplies; updated phone and other lists for unit when needed; reserve conference rooms or meetings when requested open, sort and distribute mail.
• Knowledge of style, format and ability to collect and compile accurate information for comprehensive reports;
• Knowledge of oral and written communication skills for effective communication with internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of routine letter and memo composition and proper grammatical business language.
• Knowledge of program within DES/DBME.
• Knowledge of appropriate support functions relevant to meetings/conference scheduling.
• Knowledge of various office equipment and their operation.
• Knowledge of computers and computer programs and various automated systems.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of calendaring, scheduling meetings and meeting places.
• Skill in effective oral and written communication with internal and external customers.
• Skill in keyboarding and the proficient use of Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint.
• Skill in the collections, organization and compilation of data to prepare and respond to assignments.
• Skill in multi-tasking.
• Sill in schedule meetings and meeting places.
• Skill in prioritizing and time management.
• Skill in using good judgment in the handling of complex situations.
• Skill in the use of internet/intranet and telephone operation.
• Skill in handling detailed work with accuracy and speed.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to prioritize work.
• Ability to plan, analyze, coordinate activities and establish priorities.
• Ability to respond to customers promptly with accuracy and appropriate information.
• Ability to complete tasks, special projects, and reports with accuracy and timeliness.
• Ability to interact professionally with external and internal customers.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• In-state travel may be required for State business. This position requires the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona Vehicle registration, however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
• On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 520-255-9053. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. For questions, contact Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Lizeth Chavez at LizethChavez@azdes.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.