As the Administrative Assistant 3 supporting our Facilities Emissions Control value stream, we will rely on you to be an ambitious, high functioning administrative assistant who will provide a high level of administrative support. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to work well as part of a team and be willing to take on a variety of tasks and responsibilities. Responsibilities are characterized by a variety of administrative activities with minimal supervision that require the use of independent judgment, confidentiality, discretion, and time management skills.
Some key elements of this position are data analysis, problem solving, report creation, schedule and calendar management, manager/team task accountability and support, project management support, travel coordination, assistance with meeting facilitation, legal public notice arrangements, and fulfillment of public records requests. This position assists with process development, schedule coordination, research as applicable to assigned tasks/projects, and team performance metrics.
• Ability to plan, analyze, coordinate activities and establish priorities; answer phone calls and direct to appropriate party; develop effective operating procedures
• Excellent time management skills are required
• Schedule and coordinate meetings both internally, as well as with external parties. Assist with meeting agenda prep, attend a variety of meetings; transcribe and disseminate meeting notes/artifacts/team updates and notifications as appropriate
• Prepare and administer the completion, collection of, and processing of forms and documents
• Possesses a level of awareness, professionalism, and strong eye for detail, while being intuitive and anticipating needs of the managers and team
• Prepare legal advertising and provide support to project managers as it pertains to public notifications or public hearings, and ensure public records requests are appropriately fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner
• Perform data entry, create reports, write standard work, assist with budget and expense tracking
• Track progress and status of department projects and programs while understanding and maintaining adherence to set deadlines and due dates
• Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
• Possess a good attitude, and the desire to learn and grow with the team while adhering to agency culture and practices to positively represent the workplace culture
• Three years responsible administrative experience; OR Associate’s degree in a field appropriate to the assignment and two years responsible administrative experience
• Familiarity with G Suite and Google Calendar management
• Possess strong skills in the use of both Microsoft Word and Excel, with familiarity in Visio and Power Point
• Driver’s license required - possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks. Must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.