Do you enjoy varied duties and the challenge of providing support to multiple people? Do you have an interest in the legal field or experience in a court environment? This may be the position for you. The Court of Appeals, Division One is seeking a full-time administrative assistant. The position will be responsible for maintaining the filing of court case files, and retrieving files as needed. This position will also be responsible for administrative filing, creation of reports, scheduling meetings, tracking training requirements, tracking technical inventory, maintaining user accounts and licenses and assisting with website maintenance. Additionally, this position is a back-up for making deposits.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, experience with MS Office applications, a high degree of comfort with computer applications, administrative experience, strong communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team in a busy professional environment.
Applicants must have a high school diploma (college degree preferred) and be able to work 8 hours each day between the hours of 8AM and 5PM Monday through Friday in the office.
The first review date will be Friday, January 7, 2022. Interviews may be conducted as applications are received, therefore, applicants are encouraged to submit their application (including one attachment that includes a cover letter and resume) as soon as possible.
• Maintains case files in an orderly chronological manner.
• Checks case files in and out as they are used by others in the court and the general public.
• Handles confidential information appropriately.
• Handles office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, drafting correspondence and reordering supplies.
• Provides real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
• Assists with user account maintenance for online accounts serving the court.
• Assists with software testing including logistics associated with setting up software tests.
• Assists with collecting and tracking statistical information for the court.
• Assists with creating PowerPoint presentations.
• Sets up meeting room accommodations for small and large groups, including room reservations, room set-up, occasionally ordering meals, sign-in sheets, name tags or tents, meeting cleanup.
• Acts as a liaison on ensuring outgoing mail is handled smoothly.
• Assists in tracking inventory.
• Assists in administrative filing.
• Handles large copy jobs.
• Operates a paper shredder and shreds documents.
• Scans documents and files them electronically.
• Maintains polite and professional communication in person as well as through phone, and e-mail.
• Assists in entering information regarding educational requirements (COJET) for all staff at the court.
• Makes travel arrangements as requested.
• Assists in website design and maintenance.
• Provides back up coverage for depositing money.
• Provides back up coverage for accounts payable tasks.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
• Experience and working knowledge with word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, graphics programs, databases, including Microsoft products.
• Good understanding of financial information such as budgets, invoices and purchase requisitions.
• Working knowledge of confidential file organization and maintenance; ability to maintain complex records
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
• Typing and 10-key by touch.
• Must be able to meet deadlines in a quickly changing environment.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Ability to take direction from multiple people.
• Ability to work effectively with judges, court staff and the public.
• Ability to handle logistical planning independently.
• Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three years administrative experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• College coursework or college degree
• Four or more years administrative experience
Successful completion of a background check.
The Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include Flexible Spending Accounts, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and deferred compensation plans.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement (ASRS).
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at (602) 452-6708 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Court of Appeals, Division One is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Everyone is encouraged to apply and compete for jobs. If you require assistance at any stage of the application/exam process due to an accessibility issue, please contact the Human Resources Department by phone at (602) 452-6708.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.