Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through providing services to support them? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Coordinator. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, and commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
• Implements compliance activities, tasks, and projects. Ensures work products are consistent with Federal and State laws, regulations, policies, and procedures governing their content and the Division. Prepares Corporate Compliance AHCCCS Deliverables, Annual Risk Assessment, and FWA/Program Integrity Metrics. Ensures adherences to the 7 Elements of Compliance.
• Coordinates the development, review and implementation of policies and procedures established by the AHCCCS contract, CMS and CFR that regulate the Division. Applies and interprets audit/monitoring and compliance requirements for various departments internally.
• Analyzing current operational infrastructure and quality assurance audits. Monitoring of corrective action plans. Determines personnel, equipment and other resources need to monitor Long Term Services and Support.
• Interacts with external auditors on matters related to audits of the Division's internal controls. Assess potential FWA activity and develop FWA detection tools. Process allegations of FWA, and misconduct for non-compliance or regulatory violations, including those received from the anonymous or confidential hotline.
• Federal requirements related to Medicaid and Managed Care Organizations
• State laws, rules and regulations relating to the Division of Developmental Disabilities and AHCCCS
• Program designs for persons with a disability as these programs relate to the total individual
• Testing and troubleshooting and extracting, compiling, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing and presenting information
• Interpersonal relations, as applied to contacts with officials, managers and representatives of various agencies and organizations
• Facilitating large and small workgroups addressing complex issues
• Program design, development, and implementation to meet the needs of persons with developmental disabilities
• Work independently with limited direction and oversight
• Identify priorities, set timelines for project completion
• Write plans for action or program activity based on information provided
• Organize and coordinate multiple projects
• The preferred/ideal candidate will have four (4) years of ALTCS experience with DDD or AHCCCS
• Three (3) years supervisory experience.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
By providing the option of full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Jean Harberts at 520-483-7072 or JHarberts@azdes.gov. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as sign language interpreter or alternative format by contacting 520-483-7072 or JHarberts@azdes.gov. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.