The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to perform a variety of administrative support functions for management at the Arizona State Prison Complex-Yuma.
- Screens all incoming phone calls and distributes them to the appropriate staff
- Attends and schedules meetings and travel arrangements
- Produces meeting minutes and appropriate correspondence to incoming and outgoing communication
- Acts as the primary timekeeper
- Generates, copies, files, and distributes various reports
- Maintains files in accordance with established records retention schedule to include current and archived documents
- Ensures audit documents are organized and filed daily and documentation is destroyed within policy guidelines
- Orders, maintains, and distributes office supplies and files for the unit
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- General office practices and procedures
- Personal computers, using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Business English
- Basic mathematics
- General office equipment
- Filing systems
- Report preparation
- Payroll practices and procedures
- Composing routine correspondence to include proper format, spelling, and language
- Written and oral communication
- Providing highly detailed-orientated results
- Record keeping and report generation
- Time and project management
- Scheduling meetings
- Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Taking and transcribing meeting minutes
- Maintain files or correspondence, records, and reports
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Learn and adhere to Agency policies and procedures
- Work in a prison environment
One(1) year of professional office experience and proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.