LOCATION ALERT: This position is located at ASPC-Lewis, which is located between Buckeye and Gila Bend; this is 55 miles from central Phoenix.
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking to hire an Administrative Secretary II who is a perfectionist when it comes to detail, organization, thoroughness, and accuracy. If this fits your description, this may be the right opportunity for you! This position is responsible for daily communications, meetings, filing, organizing, handling the unit’s budget, report writing, and timekeeping at the Arizona State Prison Complex – Lewis.
THIS IS AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION – WE WILL TRAIN THE RIGHT PERSON
- Performs general administrative functions for the unit manager
- Screens calls, correspondence, and answers routine questions
- Schedules appointments and meetings/conferences
- Organizes and maintains confidential and administrative files
- Assists unit administration in tracking and maintaining the budget
- Acts as primary timekeeper and the policy liaison
- Generates, copies, files, and distributes various reports
- Orders and maintains office supplies
- Serves as backup for clerical support staff in their absence
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- General office practices and procedures
- Personal computers, using Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
- Business English and basic mathematics
- Payroll practices and procedures
- Composing routine correspondence, including proper format, spelling, and language usage
- Verbal and written communication
- Providing highly detail-oriented results
- Record keeping and report generation
- Time and project management
- Scheduling and coordinating arrangements for meetings
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Taking and transcribing meeting minutes
- Maintain files of correspondence, records, and reports
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adapt to changing priorities
- Learn and adhere to department policies and procedures
- Work in a prison environment
- Handle detailed work with accuracy and speed
- Two (2) years of professional office experience and proficient in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.