The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a self-motivator with strong customer service skills that will help them excel in providing administrative assistance to the warden’s office. This position will perform full administrative secretarial functions of confidential nature.
- Composes correspondence, uses computer equipment in the completion of job assignments
- Compiles and prepares weekly and monthly reports
- May compose replies to correspondence on routine matters
- Updates department policy manual
- Attends meetings and types meeting minutes
- Completes special projects
- Logs, tracks, copies, and forwards responses for correspondence and documentation
- Responsible for maintaining filing
- Collects and distributes all incoming and outgoing staff/department mail
- Answers, screens, and refers calls appropriately
- Coordinates special events, meetings, and fundraising events
- Acts as back-up timekeeper
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) Personnel Rules and ADCRR policies and procedures
- Written and verbal communication
- Business English including grammar and composition
- Computer usage and various software programs (Microsoft Office and Google Suites)
- Techniques in screening incoming calls, visitors, and telephone calls
- Problem-solving and time management
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Written and verbal communication
- Handling multiple tasks
- Working with self-motivation and minimal supervision
- Provide effective assistance to employees
- Investigation and problem resolution
- Work in a prison environment
- Plan, coordinate activities, and establish priorities
- Develop effective operating procedures
- Work effectively under a short deadline
- Maintain confidentiality
- Two (2) years of professional office experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Suite
- Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.