As an Administrative Services Officer 1, under the direction of an Accounts Payable Manager, this position is within the Purchasing team and will collaborate with the whole of the Business & Finance team to direct and participate in a variety of administrative and business management functions. Activities of the purchasing team includes, but not limited to, managing the business aspects of purchase orders, invoices, budgets and travel reservations. The purchasing team works closely with program management as well as other offices within the Agency regarding purchases, budget, procurement and accounting. This position is responsible for ensuring that the quality of the work products are acceptable and accurate; and ensuring that deadlines are met.
Currently, the Agency utilizes the Arizona Financial Information Systems (AFIS) for all budget and expenditure tracking. AFIS is the official accounting system and system of record for the State of Arizona's fiscal information. This position will also need to be proficient in the Arizona Procurement Portal (APP) for oversight and entry of requisitions in assigned area related to contracts and purchasing. This includes, but not limited to, initiating requisitions, researching/resolving issues and receipts as part of the three-way match process, review invoices, prepare payment authorizations, route payments for approval and track contract payments.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and Arizona Revised Statutes related to program funding; application of budget, purchasing and accounting methods and techniques
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or other related field
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.