The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. This position performs professional-level administrative functions and is the first line of contact for the Administrative team.
- Provides professional administrative support
- Composes professional correspondence and statistical data/reports
- Serves as point of contact and ensures timely tracking for all Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests
- Assists in tracking, ordering, and maintaining department equipment and office supplies
- Assists and trains management and employees with time entry into the Employee Time Entry (ETE) system
- Researches and provides assistance/response to inquiries from victims and/or family members for Victim Services
- Handles confidential information and access to Arizona Correctional Information System (ACIS) regarding ADCRR staff and inmates
- Initial point of contact for various communications requesting general information or guidance
- Attends meetings and serves as general contact with the public and family
- Acts as Executive Staff Assistant or Human Resources liaisons in their absence
- Assists staff and management with hotel and travel accommodations and reconcile billing transactions
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS)
- ADCRR policies and procedures
- ADCRR Community Corrections Bureau and Programs structure
- Report preparation
- Personal computers and various programs including Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Arizona Correctional Information System (ACIS)
- Business English including grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Research summarization and gathering techniques
- Written and verbal communication
- Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Organization and time management
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Computer and basic office equipment operation
- Collecting and maintaining accurate data/documentation
- Department web-based applications
- Learn and adhere to ADCRR policies and procedures, rules, and regulations
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Produce detailed reports with accuracy and speed
- Multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Professionally interact with internal and external customers
- Maintain confidentiality
- Produce professional correspondence
- Three (3) years progressively responsible work experience managing projects and providing technical and administrative assistance to administrative staff/managers
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including departmental web-based applications including Microsoft Office and Google Suites
- Previous work experience in Human Resources(HR) and/or FML
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.