Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant, this position performs a variety of administrative tasks for Program Administrator's office for the Maricopa East Region.
- Hiring Process -- become familiar with Page Up Talent Management software, review resumes, send candidates pre-interview paperwork, schedule interview, make follow-up phone calls, maintain hiring spreadsheet, coordinate interview panel.
- Back-up to the Administrative Assistant II for Maricopa East Region.
- Act as Building Liaison to include maintaining office equipment, supplies, and fleet
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Principles and practices of administration and management
- Page Up Talent Management software
- Monitoring and maintaining Excel spreadsheets
- Computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem identification, analysis and resolution, including recommending a course of action regarding a wide variety of date from various computers
- sources in troubleshooting difficulties
- Conflict management
- Interpersonal relationship
- Team building techniques
- Apply statute and policy to varying types of requests
- Learn the Guardian database
- Learn the agency's mission
- 2 years of experience performing administrative work for a manager level position
- Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
- Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
- Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration.
- Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the CPS Central Registry.
- Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of state employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.