The Analytics Manager is part of the Division of Licensing’s Analytics and Reports team who is a subject matter expert, programmatic systems administrator, and data analyst with extensive knowledge of the division’s business and its information technology systems.
As a programmatic subject matter expert, this position functions as a liaison between the Division of Licensing and Information Technology Services which includes developing and maintaining a good working relationship. This includes working with stakeholders to define requirements and to enable users of any technical level to get the most out of the division of licensing’s systems while ensuring ease of use.
This position functions as a division-level system administrator for the Salesforce platform. Responsibilities include:
-user maintenance which includes adding new users, amending existing accounts, user profiles, permission sets
-minor declarative changes for picklist values, list views, email templates, and page layouts
-data maintenance related to data fixes, cleanup, and new data
-data mining (identifies, extracts data from designated sources) and reorganizes it in a format that can be easily analyzed
-building and maintaining reports and dashboards.
- Maintains and optimizes system components, including validations, page layouts, user accounts, permission sets, profiles, roles, queues, cases, workflows and other routine tasks.
- Performs advanced analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and data mining. Documents data requirements in a logical Entity Relationship Diagram. Creates standardized and ad-hoc reports and dashboards, provides proactive and reactive data management support to users.
- Establishes and monitors data quality efforts and provides division leadership a path to resolution of data issues and develops methods to monitor program or area progress and takes corrective action when needed. Works with management to determine metrics and reports that need to be tracked.
- Defines and applies suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management standards. Determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues. Resolves issues elevated from lower level data analysts.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders and teams to identify, translate, document, implement and support analytical requirements and handles special analytical projects as needed.
- Trains and supports end users on the proper uses of the the division's information system solutions.
- Data gathering
- Data cleaning and transforming techniques
- Data warehousing
- ETL techniques
- Statistical software
- Salesforce Platform Administration
- Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Physical data models, technical architecture, system interfaces, etc.
- Experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment
- Various secondary products and solutions offered by Salesforce, as well as the ability to teach basic Salesforce functions.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Strong data management abilities
- Reporting and data visualization using software like Tableau
- Technical writing
- Testing skills
- Gather, document, and execute high level business requirements
- Work with and understand large data sets
- Document system configuration changes and administrative changes
- Work with internal customers to gather requirements and implement changes
- Maintain, enhance, and create workflows, functions and configurations
- Create new reports and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed
- Handle on-going customizations
- Assist with data cleansing and data loading
- Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
- Develop various statistical, analytical reports, dashboard reports for various users
- Understand and articulate complex requirements
- Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination
Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of experience in data analysis. 1-year Salesforce administrator experience.
Must possess a valid level one fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to A.R.S.41-1758.07 or must apply for a level one fingerprint clearance card within seven working days after beginning employment. You will be required to pay an $8.25 fee for fingerprint screening. If hired, you will be able to request reimbursement of the $8.25.
Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11).
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical and dental insurance plans
− Paid vacation and sick time
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Wellness program and plans
− Life insurance
− Short/long-term disability insurance
− Defined retirement plan
− Award winning Infant at Work program
− Credit union membership
− Transit subsidy
− ADHS Student Assistance Pilot Program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
To help you build a financially secure future, the State makes monthly contributions to finance your retirement benefit. The State will make a contribution to the ASRS in an amount equal to your contribution. In other words, you and the State will each pay 50% of the total cost of the benefit. New State employees have a 27 week wait period for contributions to begin.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.