• This position will support the IT Data team as a Data Developer
• Will be part of a team of developers in the design, development, and maintenance of strategic and tactical software solutions
• In-state travel may be required for this position.
• Develops new applications to meet functional and technical designs
• Engages with business analysts and stakeholders to understand functional requirements, and contributes to completion of functional specifications
• Respond promptly to customer needs; takes a customer-centric approach to problem solving; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments; manages difficult or emotional customer situations
• Support production systems; analyzes and resolves production problems in a timely manner; resolves end user service requests as assigned
• Performance tunes, reviews, and recommends improvements to existing codes
• Reviews and recommends improvements to existing architectures
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Considerable working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server database systems through SQL 2019 and database and table design principles
• Ability to program in the following database products T-SQL (Stored Procedures/Functions/Views), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and/or Azure Data Factory, and Power BI
• A deep understanding of T-SQL and SQL Indexing/Index Types
• Nice to have knowledge in familiarization with Azure Data Services
• A Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication
• Strong customer service
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and develop in new programming languages, APIs, and platforms
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
• Demonstrated ability apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.