ADEQ is seeking an engaged intern for our team who wants to develop beyond the classroom. Our interns shadow our subject-matter experts and work alongside them by: working in the field for water and air sampling, designing computer modeling software, evaluating data for patterns in establishing pollution parameters, presenting findings to senior leaders or drafting reports and notices. In short; everything we do – you will also do! Every day as our intern you will practice your classroom training while guided by our scientists and engineers.
You will bring the following to the internship:
• Great experience working within an Agile Scrum team
• Great experience learning to develop object oriented code
• In depth knowledge of complex software development projects
You will gain the following from the internship:
• Preferred Computer Science or related program
• Java programming skills required
• Must have exellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to work with the Development Team
• Detail oriented
• Intern candidate must be in their junior or senior year of a Bachelor’s degree program or working towards a Masters or PhD
• Candidate should have passed these classes: computer programming, data structures and algorithms, intro to software engineering, computing ethics
• Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Candidate must attach college transcript with resume to apply
• Candidate must have the right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
• Candidate must be at least 18 years old
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.