The Arizona Exposition and State Fair (AESF) has an immediate opening for a full-time ambitious and dedicated Assistant Sponsorship Coordinator to join our Crew.
As the Assistant Sponsorship Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting all Sales related roles. This position will work closely with the Marketing Partnership Manager as well as the Assistant Executive Director (AED) of the Entertainment & Event Solutions Department, to help maximize revenue opportunities and efficiencies by assisting with various administrative and project management tasks.
This position requires a high level of initiative, planning, solution finding, writing, and exceptional client customer service in a fast-paced environment.
• Develop action plans for Client fulfillment to ensure all elements of the campaign are put in motion and specific tasks against those elements are executed on schedule
• Coordinate across departments to ensure all activations/promotional elements are fulfilled
• Prepare, edit and finalize presentations, proposals, client marketing materials and recaps
• Provide proactive assistance and support to revenue generating positions
• Write and track contracts, insurance, invoicing, payments
• Provide research on prospects, market, competitors
• Sell/secure sponsorship programs as assigned
• Generate and manage reports as assigned
• Knowledge and familiarity of the elements in contracts
• Knowledge of Google Suite
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle/execute multiple tasks and prioritize
• Superior communication skills (both verbal and written) with strong attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to successfully execute tasks, working independently as collaboratively
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under multiple deadlines
• Prefer minimum 2 years experience in Sales, Marketing, or related field
• Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• If you have any questions please feel free to contact Nicole Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.