1600 W. Monroe Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007
The Arizona Department of Revenue is currently seeking a motivated, innovative and solutions driven individual to work as our new Audit Administrator. The Audit Administrator manages and oversees the daily operation of the Account Validation team and is responsible for identifying, researching, and analyzing tax data issues and providing recommendations for improvements. This position works closely with the business operation areas to understand their needs and any issues they are encountering with the systems and will work with IT to gather requirements for system enhancements and functions as a liaison between business operations areas and IT. This position writes action plans, designs methodology and procedures for operation and testing of data; documents system requirements with standards for performance; analyzes problems and environment and implements changes to improve processes. Works with Outreach and Training to deliver documentation from system defect fixes/ enhancements to ensure changes are communicated to internal and external customers.
This position works with the Account Management Team to document processes and perform research and analysis of complicated tax/system issues, as well as, schedule and facilitate a weekly meeting with the business area, IT, and Support to enhance the agencies internal communication and planning. This position will assist in the development of a structured approach to identifying and eliminating non value added process steps agency wide and make recommendations to integrate lean methods into the overall continuous improvement strategy of the division.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manages and oversees the daily operation of the account validation team and is responsible for improving the data integrity of the tax system by organizing, managing and overseeing data clean-up projects.
• Organize, manage and oversee data clean-up projects to improve the data integrity of the tax system.
• Schedule and facilitate team meetings, one on one meetings, and business operations meetings. Communicate data clean-up projects to keep the agency informed of upcoming changes. Attend requirement gathering meetings and provide input.
• Assist in analyzing production issues, data trends, and troubleshooting. Document and escalate issues as appropriate to Deputy Assistant Director. Assist leadership in prioritizing projects.
• Communicate with users, developers, management, vendors, and taxpayers. Recommending business practices to improve customer service and identifying opportunities for improving processes.
• Represent the business division in IT projects and special projects as assigned.
• Arizona Revised Statutes, Internal Revenue Code, Arizona Tax Rules and regulations, principles of management, English grammar and reasoning and research
• Current business practices in Education and Compliance, Taxpayer Services and Process Administration
• Integrated tax system (TAS) and AZ Taxes
• Understanding of accounting and taxation
• Statutes applicable to tax reporting; confidentiality requirements regarding tax information
• Return filing instructions and electronic filing requirement
• Knowledge of testing methodologies. Familiar with the process of a project life cycle
• Extensive management, verbal and written communication
• Leading and motivating advanced analytical and problem solving
• Multi-tasking and attention to detail
• Process improvement methodologies
• Communicate effectively with District, Divisional, Agency staff, and public
• Research and analyze a situation
• Achieve objectives while motivating and empowering employees to operate independently
• Communicate technical information in simple written or oral instructions to technical and non-technical staff
• Multi-task and be detail-oriented
• Analyze system and operational problems and ensure their solution
• Perform a variety of tasks that are complex in nature; ability to interpret and analyze test results
• Estimate testing efforts and define milestones
• Prioritize assignments and organize multiple tasks
• Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with fewest resources with continuous problem solving
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Two years of managing subordinates including managers, supervisors
• Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent work experience
• Experience with LEAN or Six Sigma preferred
The State of Arizona provides a world class comprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. Sick Leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.