1600 W. Monroe Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007
The Error Resolution Specialist position is responsible for reviewing, researching and appropriately adjusting tax documents and payments allowing them to post correctly to the taxpayers account. It is also responsible for examining, researching and correcting batches, documents and payments that do not pass system validation. This position works a system identified list of errors, reviews taxpayer documentation and system calculations to determine the source of the error and correct the problem. This position is also responsible in identifying and correct the source of the complex problems, will interact with other divisions, customers and perform extensive research through all account periods and tax types to ensure accuracy when the problem is resolved. The position also researches payments that have been misapplied which requires extensive research of past payments, credits and billings.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Research, analyze and correct tax documents and payments that have failed system validation. This research requires extensive analysis of past credits, debits and other financial transactions that impact an account. This research covers extended periods of time and possibly multiple tax types.
• Confers with taxpayers, practitioners, and technical experts/fellow employees/supervisors in order to acquire missing or inaccurate information allowing for the taxpayer's document or payment to post to the taxpayer's account. Receive incoming calls from taxpayers relating to questions as to why documents have suspended.
• Compose correspondence to taxpayers.
• Complete administrative duties such as daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Data Entry.
• Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Skill in performing detailed examinations of state tax documents.
• Skill in applying Federal and State laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to income, transaction privilege and use taxes.
• Skill in analyzing and evaluating taxpayer claims.
• Skill in mathematical computation.
• Skill in interpersonal relationships.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to handle changing priorities to meet required deadlines.
• Ability to do mathematical computations.
• Ability to analyze data and make a decision about a tax return.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Experience working in a fast paced production environment and have a working knowledge of all tax types and tax returns.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world class comprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. Sick Leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.