• Perform the audit work for Average Daily Membership and other audits according to established audit standards ensuring all work is documented in the audit working papers
• Examine, investigate, and review records, reports, and data systems of auditees.
• Perform the audit work needed throughout the audit process using established audit principles, theories, concepts, and practices
• Identify and communicate audit work, conclusions, and audit findings
• Assist in developing the audits' scopes, objectives, and procedures and align them to established audit standards
• Write audit finding drafts and drafts of other pieces of each audit report, including the introduction and background, scope, and methods
• Schedule meetings with the auditee and ensuring that the audit program is properly and fully completed
• Ensure the accuracy of the audit test-work and audit report drafts and is expected to perform the work necessary to meet the audit team's established quality control process
• In-state travel is required for this position.
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Principles, practices, concepts, methods, and techniques of auditing
• Analysis and presentation of data and conclusions
• Quantitative and qualitative research
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Word
• Advanced skill in using Microsoft Excel
• Basic skill in using Microsoft Outlook
• Data analysis
• Identify and analyze organizational processes and identify potential solutions
• Organize ideas verbally and in writing
• Communicate effectively, both individually and in group settings
Preference will be given to those applicants with a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business discipline, along with 2+ years of auditing experience.
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.