The Barber will consult with ASH/ACPTC Patients and Residents and ensure that all their hair related needs are taken care of. The barber’s responsibilities include cutting, trimming, styling, and coloring client’s hair according to their instructions. The Barber should also be able to provide hairstyle suggestions and haircare advice to the ASH/ACPTC Patients and Residents.
- Welcoming clients and consulting with them on their desired hairstyles. Cutting and trimming hair according to ASH/ACPTC Patients and Residents instructions.
- Styling hair using styling tools. Shaving, trimming and shaping ASH/ACPTC Patients and Residents beards and mustaches.
- Washing and conditioning ASH/ACPTC Patients and Residents hair. Providing hair treatments and coloring.
- Ensuring that combs, scissors, razors, and other instruments are cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Supervising apprentices and trainees. Providing hairstyle suggestions to clients.
- Maintain a neat, sanitary and orderly work area per recognized barber and cosmetology standards. All haircuttings are to be removed from the floors of all cutting locations by the end of each day.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
- Current hairstyles and trends.
-Issues surrounding the various skin disorders associated with curly and over curly hair; and ability to properly edge curly hair to avoid skin disorders.
- Following instructions
- Excellent communication skills
-Exceptional customer service skills
- Address the grain and patterns of Afro American Hair
- Provide a “fade” haircut.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal
opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
-Salon or barbershop experience is highly preferred.
-State Licensed Barber is required.
-Must be to provide proof of certification, licensure and training
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.