Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Benefit Payment Control Supervisor with the Quality Assurance Integrity Administration (QAIA). The purpose of this position is to plan, organize and manage UI Benefit Payment (BPC) Control Operations unit functions to establish and monitor programmatic activities within the administration. The position conducts performance evaluations of client service delivery ensures that federal and state performance measures are being achieved and analyzes performance data to assess where improvement opportunities exist.
• Supervise a unit of Program Service Evaluators, which is responsible for ensuring program compliance in responding to, and acting upon, wage audit notices, and establishing overpayments from determinations issued by the program.
• Monitors daily operations to ensure compliance with internal protocols, state and federal regulations.
• Assists the DPA and BPC Compliance Manager to develop, plan and implement BPC procedures, goals, objectives, timetables, and performance metrics.
• Conducts research and strategic planning to meet programmatic goals and objectives.
• Reviews and assesses unit results to ensure protocols are followed and outcomes are identified and corroborated with established techniques and supportive data.
• Develops and submits performance evaluations and recommended personnel actions.
• Develops strategies for team building, motivation, and recognition for the unit.
• Responds timely and accurately to actions assigned by QAIA Leadership.
• Conducts special projects and completes special assignments as directed.
• Knowledge of Unemployment Insurance program
• Knowledge managerial and leadership principles and practices sufficient to plan and direct the work of subordinates.
• Skills in using automated programs for research, analysis, and work management.
• Skills in oral and written communication necessary to develop presentations and instructional materials
• Ability to read, understand and interpret complex issues, laws, rules, regulations, and policies
• Ability to evaluate staff performance and program compliance with established policies and procedures
• Must have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D)
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 392-3471 or email Sgillette@azdes.gov
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.