The Budget Analyst collaborates with a business team to direct and participate in a variety of financial and business management functions. This position will work closely with Division programs to assist with monthly expenditures and personnel forecasting and providing the necessary fiscal and business information needed. This position provides recommendations based on fiscal trends; prepares spending plans, budget loads and transfer documents; reviews, tracks and provides necessary budget and expenditures information related to grants and state funds; assists section managers in formulating and implementing policies and procedures relative to fiscal services; provides necessary budget and expenditure information; assists in preparing grant applications; and provides support for the Division’s personnel and position management.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and Arizona Revised Statutes related to program funding; application of budget, ability to monitor grant expenditures to ensure funds are being spent in accordance with the work plans and application.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, economics.
• 2 years’ experience in personnel, budget analysis, accounting, data processing or resource allocation
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.