**Must be able to work Evenings, Weekends and Holidays and is subject to overnight stays**
Performs routine tasks including, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc., assisting with the preventive maintenance and repairs directed from the Construction Services Manager (CSM) or Region Crew Leader (RCL). There are minor remodels and construction to buildings and their related utilities support services equipment. Responsible for performing all tasks within established guidelines and instructions given, adhering to and demonstrating all safety rules and procedures directed by the most recent and stringent National and Local Building codes. Has the authority to work only within established written procedures, practices and instructions directed from the CSM and or RCL. Must be able to detect unsafe work conditions, take emergency action as prescribed, reporting the same to CSM and or RCL.
** Must be able to work weekends, evenings, holidays and is subject to overnight stays.
- Maintains a record of materials used, equipment and man hours expended, vehicle mileage and other information as required.
- Gives and receives information using communications devices provided by Arizona State Parks and Trails (ASPT).
- Drives ASPT agency vehicles and operates other motorized equipment, e.g., trencher, backhoe, front end loader, skid and track steers, dump trucks and trailers, in your daily course of work activities.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include, but not limited to, replacement or repair of wall switches and outlets, incandescent, fluorescent and LED bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.
- Minor plumbing maintenance, to include, but not limited to, repair of leaks, drains, faucets etc., with assistance from plumbing devices, tools and equipment.
- Repairs to irrigation and landscaping.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry preparing surfaces and using brush/sprayer/roller to apply pre-determined colors and mixtures, repair and replacement of wallboard, hang doors, replace ceiling and floor tiles.
- Moves office furniture and equipment. Performs related and unrelated duties as required by the CSM and or RCL.
- Other Duties as assigned as related to the position.
- Tools, equipment and materials used in the workplace and construction industry.
- Federal and local safety laws, rules and policies governing work activities and safety equipment.
- National and local building codes.
- Methods and techniques used in lifting, moving, stacking, storing and protection of tools, equipment and materials.
- Methods and practices applied in generalized preventive maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction activities.
- Using and demonstrating use of common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to the work.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches and schematics as relates to buildings and related utilities services systems.
- Applying and interpreting National and local building codes.
- Applying and demonstrating methods and practices of remodeling and construction and installing and replacing major utilities services.
- Estimating, costing and ordering materials.
- Applying and demonstrating work leadership and training.
- Oral and written communications. interpersonal relationships.
- Use basic oral and written communications for relaying information, findings with construction issues you may encounter in daily work activities.
Two years of experience equivalent to a Building Maintenance Specialist, or four years of work experience in the construction field. Any combination of training or experience that meet knowledge, skills and abilities may be submitted.
Must possess and maintain a current Arizona License appropriate to assignment and retention of said license during the period of employment.
The State’s comprehensive benefits package includes, affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans. Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans, deferred compensation plan. Accrued sick leave and vacation leave, ten paid holidays per year and wellness plans.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible for Arizona State Retirement System pension. Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment for newly hired State of Arizona employees.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.