• Assist internal and external customers by providing agency and education information on locations, phone numbers, office hours, as well as providing maps, forms, and applications
• Coordinate and maintain ADE conference rooms, calendars, spreadsheets, set up daily conference configurations
• Provide AV assistance, janitorial services, and repairs
• Act as Facilities liaison to the property management, Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) General Services Division, and vendors
• Manage building and equipment maintenance schedules
• Perform building maintenance and upkeep while ensuring working environments are clean and functional
• Coordinate all internal personnel and office moves
• Restructure and maintain modular furniture systems
• Compile and analyze data derived from various reports of a narrative, financial, and statistical nature
• Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining floor maps using provided software
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of the emergency action preparedness plans, and serve as safety team members
• Coordinate service requests and activities, ensuring customer requested work is completed on schedule, on budget, and accurate
• Coordinate and assist Human Resources functions for Employee Recognition (REACH) events
• Maintain the key issuance and tracking
• Receive, verify, and process requests and enter requisitions in the Procurement system
• Receive and properly process packages from UPS, FedEx, and Office Depot
• Ensure completion of building inspections, safety equipment and supply inspections, and assist in safety training
• Maintain programs and processes and complete various tasks as scheduled and assigned by management
• In-state travel may be required for this position
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Computer use
• Data analysis and report writing
• Analyzing and problem-solving techniques
• Floor plan design software
• Safety procedures and Safety equipment Database management
• Inventory Control System
• Time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
• Analyzing data and prepare reports
• Effective data analysis techniques and report preparation
• Recognize and resolve complex/routine problems
• Developing interpersonal relationships with peers, customers, and public
• Written and verbal communication
• Performing safety Inspections to comply with environment Federal, Arizona, and local laws, regulations, and codes
• Plan, organize, and facilitate tasks
• Excellent customer service
• Utilizing floor plan design software
• Practice of remodeling and installing modular systems and use of tools, equipment, and materials related to building maintenance
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
• Interpret and implement departmental rules, regulations, policies, and procedures relating to the assignment
• Perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative
• Critical thinking, problem solving, and project management
• Work independently as well as part of a team
• Prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Properly plan and organize
• Multi-task (e-mail, phone, etc.)
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.