Currently, looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is currently searching for a qualified and reliable Building Maintenance Specialist to oversee and carry out preventative maintenance and fulfill other facility maintenance duties as assigned. This position is involved in the daily repairs of plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), kitchen equipment repairs, and utility service systems within Arizona State Prison Complex - Safford.
- Plans maintenance-related projects and oversees their completion
- Resolves issues and answers questions related to work methods/processes
- Schedules and supervises repair tasks, including preventative and general maintenance
- Completes related documentation
- Conducts inspections and maintains tools and equipment to ensure proper working order and that all are accounted for
- Supervises and evaluates inmate workers’ performance
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Structural issues regarding building and utility service systems, including blueprints, safety practices, and codes
- Trades, e.g., electrical, electronic, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, general facility maintenance, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Budgeting to include estimating costs and ordering materials
- Common and specialized tools and equipment for performing duties
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines and national and local building codes/regulations
- Basic reading of blueprints, schematics, and general construction
- Mechanical devices, electrical, preventative maintenance
- Using and demonstrating the use of common and specialized tools
- Written and verbal communication
- Building and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Lift/Carry up to 50lbs
- Push/Pull up to 50lbs
- Walk/Run up to 0.25 miles
- Work in a prison environment
- Supervise inmate work crews
- Learn and adhere to ADCRR policies and procedures
- On-the-job training as a technical or generalized maintenance staff person
- Technical education
- Specialized trade schools and unions
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation, drug test, and a medical/physical examination.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Corrections Officer Retirement Plan (CORP).
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.