Tucson, AZ 85713
This position performs various tasks related to the maintenance and repair of Arizona State Department of Veterans' Services facilities/properties. These tasks may include, but are not limited to those involving the building trades such as electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting. Position is also responsible for equipment maintenance and repair. Assesses both the internal and external environment on a daily basis to identify repair, maintenance or preventive maintenance needs in compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations and facility policies and procedures. Learns, implements and monitors the Arizona Management System (AMS) methods. Utilizes AMS concepts and tools for problem solving and continuous work/process improvements and efficiencies.
* Inspects all areas on a regular basis to determine maintenance and repair needs. Collects work requests. Prioritizes tasks and completes in a timely manner. Addresses emergent issues as they arise.
* Performs plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting maintenance and repair work. Maintains and repairs equipment, including kitchen equipment. Installs and repairs locks. Cuts keys as needed. Follows up on/troubleshoots temperature control issues. Assists with the maintenance of state vehicles. Performs all other maintenance activities as directed.
* Maintains records of materials used and time expended.
* Leads work activities of subordinate level Building Maintenance workers and/or outside vendors.
* Follows department policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities. Adheres to safety codes/standards. Complies with all local, state and federal rules and regulations. Completes special projects as assigned. Participates in staff meetings and attends in-service training.
* Actively involved in AMS processes such as Huddle Boards, Problem Solving, Job Breakdown Sheets, Success Tracking and Standardized Work. Participates fully in QAPI process, our Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement program mandate by CMS which incorporates AMS.
* Rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of section and work unit
* Methods and practices applied in generalized preventive maintenance, repair, remodeling and construction
* Tools, equipment and materials used in the workplace
* Safety practices and building codes
* Methods and techniques used in lifting, moving, stacking, storing and protecting tools, equipment and materials
* Verbal and written communications
* Interpersonal skills
* Customer service
* Doing preventive maintenance and general repairs
* Properly using and inspecting tools, equipment and materials
* Complying with state and local codes
* Coordinating with contracted vendors
* Inspecting, determining repairs and replacements and scheduling and prioritizing work
* Determining needs and ordering supplies
* Interact positively and professionally with staff and residents of the Arizona State Veteran Home
* Safely operate a State vehicle, which may include passengers (other State employees and/or nursing home residents)
Experience with drywall, painting, basic electrical, plumbing and carpentry
Driving in the course of State business is required. Position requires the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license. Employees who drive on State business are subject to driver's license records checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training including Defensive Driving and Van Dynamics.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 602.781.7032 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.