The Department of Economic Security, Division of Aging and Adult Services, seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analysis Supervisor with the Information Technology Administration. DAAS supports at-risk Arizonans to meet their basic needs and to live safely, with dignity and independence. Services and programs reach a diverse population of Arizonans.
Through supervision of business analysts and contracted staff or cross functional teams, you provide accurate and timely information to management designed to ensure the efficient and effective administration of Division resources. You represent the division in conversations across the agency regarding technological and business needs. In order to improve monitoring, measurement and increased review and analysis of program, you need to understand not only information technology but also business processes and state fiscal operations. This will require automating and centralizing many existing manual processes allowing the process-specific data to be leveraged with other division data.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
*This position works primarily from the successful candidate’s Arizona home office but occasional in-person attendance at the worksite location for mandatory meetings, trainings, etc. may be required. Worksite location: 1789 W. Jefferson, Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
• Provide leadership and mentoring for assigned staff. Authorize leave and approve time sheets. Supervises the staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with administrative issues as needed. Coach team members on performance, completes employee performance evaluations and recommends personnel actions. Ensure staff meet performance and productivity metrics.
• Provide expertise, work with customers, support project issues and resolution efforts including understanding and analyzing critical project issues as needed.
• Train on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Review and analyze existing business processes involving collection, storage, and analysis of data from multiple automated systems.
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams to develop software solution strategies and assure technology execution is in alignment with those strategies. Monitor, measure, and report on programmatic results. Streamline existing routine reporting procedures. Coordinate the ad hoc reporting of client, provider, and financial data.
• Federal and State laws, rules, and regulations as they pertain to program operations/activities
• Business Intelligence needs and best practices
• Leadership and managerial practices and techniques
• Database designs, back-office server applications, desktop applications, web-based applications, client/server applications, computer/networking hardware, standard operating systems, common third-party software applications, internally developed custom applications, application integrations, networking protocols, and any other computer-related technologies
• Using Tableau, Salesforce, Salesforce SQL, and SQL Server database, specifically those related to the design and development of databases used in day-to-day business operations and creating a Business Intelligence and Analytics data warehouse solution
• Problem-solving and attention to detail and problem identification, isolation, analysis, and resolution
• Oral and written communication
• Working with automated systems data and querying techniques
• Write clear, concise, and accurate reports
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly and evaluate and test emerging technologies
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with leadership, division management and internal and external stakeholders
• Resolve incidents/problems efficiently and effectively, recognizing customers’ competence levels, and able to approach each level appropriately
• Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or related degree from an accredited college or university and 5 years' experience in Business Analysis, Information Systems, Computer Business Applications, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Modeling or related systems. Must have 1 year experience supervising professional staff. Reporting Tool Experience in Tableau, SalesForce, SQL highly desirable.
• Candidates for this position shall be subject to a search of the Adult Protective Services Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 46-459.
• A.R.S. 41-1969 Each employee or contractor of the Department of Economic Security who is employed in an information technology position shall have a valid, unrestricted Level One fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07.
• In-state travel may be required. The position may require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11). Individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
• Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
• 10 holidays per year
• Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
• Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
• Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
• Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement
• Opportunity to participate in the Remote Work Program where the employee telecommutes primarily from home and when required in the office
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments. On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Apply through www.azstatejobs.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please call Denise Jones at (480) 356-3830 or email DAASHR@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (602) 542-0400. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.