The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst. This position will provide analysis of confidential information that will provide written systems analysis and design for tasks that are technical in nature. This position is responsible for maintaining a direct working relationship with staff both internal and external to ISD.
• Perform SDLC tasks such as requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, communications, and testing. Works directly with web developers and customers.
• Perform complex research and analysis of web work requests. Troubleshoot production issues.
• Provide support of development of Information Services Division Policy and Procedures.
• Ensure that all work in the department is performed according to policy and procedures
• Review, discuss, and comprehend assignments with project manager.
• Prepare and present management and status reports as required by the position.
• Create and deliver user documentation and end-user training.
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position (typically 5% – 10%).
• Strategic planning in order to develop goals/objectives for the department.
• Management principles in order to coordinate staff toward the successful completion of assignments.
• Appropriate Business Requirement Document sections and required elements.
• Software Development Life Cycle Standards.
• Web development Best Practices.
• Security Standards and Best Practices.
• Complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures.
• Developing and executing project workplans.
• Clear and proper verbal and written communications.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
• Business and Systems analysis skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite products.
• Proficient in Google Suite products.
• Organizational skills.
• Establish and maintain effective policies and procedures regarding the operation of the department.
• Plan based on the goals and objectives of the department.
• Provide effective oversight of the department.
• Analyze and resolve a wide variety of problems.
• Apply the principles of SDLC to make improvements in the department.
• Demonstrated the ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
• Interface with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs.
• Work independently as well as in a team.
• Manage large scale project, while also coordinating day-to-day requests.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in business analysis.
• 5 years experience in full Software Lifecycle methodologies.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.