Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
Opening Date: 12/07/2020
Closing Date: Posted until filled
This position uses knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools, and general Information Technology (IT) systems and practices to create reports and research and develop business intelligence tools to create and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to build tracking reports and metrics based on advances in reporting technology
• Create reports to be utilized in every aspect of reporting generated by Grants Management Department
• Research and Develop Business Intelligence tools to create and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to build tracking reports and metrics based on advances in reporting technology; continually improving report model(s) and medium(s) to be utilized, including but not limited to infographics, visual reports and analysis
• Prepare KPI, weekly, monthly and annual Dashboard reports for publication, maintaining and improving enhancements to reports and reporting medium(s), project models, and analyzing big data sets
• Daily immersion in Grants Management/Grants Management Enterprise (GME) functions, technology and processes
• Stay up to date on all advancements; including evaluating business processes related to Grants Management systems/reporting, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions in conjunction with managerial staff
• Provide excellent customer service and technical support to both internal and external customers using all communication methods available (i.e., phone, email, agency support system)
• Facilitate meetings for colleagues and agency leadership at various levels of the organization
• In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position.
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Business Intelligence (BI) tools, including infographic/visual reporting tools
• General accounting
• General Information Technology (IT) systems and practices
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, Information Technology or related field and/or equivalent related job experience is required
• Analyzing complex business issues and design tasks
• Maintaining data integrity through audits, review of data systems and collaboration with stakeholders
• Maintaining internal Grants Management SharePoint sites using WordPress, basic HTML, Drupal, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues throughout organization
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills used to definitively address the evolving needs of Grants
• Management, as well as effectively relate and address all Agency needs.
• Preparing and analyzing complex reports, either scheduled or on demand
• Organizing/managing multiple priorities and projects
• Reporting and making recommendations to agency colleagues and leadership based on trends, and other data analysis
• Creating basic to advanced spreadsheets and graphs
• Intermediate to advanced level skill level in Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Functions, graphs, etc.)
• Basic to intermediate skill in using Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Collaborate effectively within a team
• Work independently
• Provide excellent customer service and technical support to internal and external customers
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business questions and needs
• Utilize impactful reporting tools for departmental and agency needs
• Gather information to use in reporting and materials based on policy and procedures, grant specific information and USFR/UGG guidance.
• Use initiative to independently gain knowledge and understanding of all relevant data and systematic functionality.
• Prepare reports for publication; maintaining and improving enhancements, project models, and analyzation
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
• Experience with grants, including knowledge of Reporting for various Grants and Program Areas
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.