Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst with the Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA). This position is responsible for acting as a primary liaison between the Information Technology department and single business unit. Translates requirements into business, functional and use case documents for relatively small IT projects.
• Act as a liaison between the IT department a single business unit.
• Manages automated/manual system definition, design, and implementation.
• Develops, drafts, and executes comprehensive system, test plans-conditions and scripts.
• Perform system, testing of system modifications, coordinate implementations with technical support, DTS staff and security.
• Analyze and evaluate system problems and make recommendations for solutions and provide solution options.
• Gathers and documents business requirements for relatively small projects.
• Author and publish comprehensive written documentation for project development, federal investigations, using Federal Tax Information data.
• Translates requirements into business, functional and use case documents for small IT projects.
• Make oral and written presentations on automated system changes.
• Supports the organization’s key business processes and applications.
• Other duties as assignment.
• Knowledge of methodologies and techniques for systems analysis and design.
• Knowledge of business process modeling, quality assurance and software development.
• Knowledge of Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
• Skills in customer service.
• Skills in interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
• Skills in problem solving and research.
• Ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams across the organization.
• Ability to build strong relationships.
• Ability to develop and write technical documentation.
• PMI certification is a plus.
• Lean or Six-sigma certification is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience).
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Candidate shall have or meet the requirements to obtain prior to their first day of employment, a valid Level One Arizona fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call (480) 204-2707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 204-2707 or email email@example.com. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.