The Department of Economic Security is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Architect.
• Serve as the Agile/Scrum Master for Office of Professional Development (OPD), follow Agile Methodologies, and handle Sprint Ceremonies including but not limited to Daily Stand up, Sprint Retrospective, and Sprint Planning.
• Responsible for ensuring that there are no roadblocks and that the staff meets the sprint commitments, goals, and objectives.
• Engage with the OPD training professionals to gather requirements for new training processes and modules and modify existing training processes and modules.
• Knowledge of Product Management and Agile Methodology.
• Knowledge of good understanding of leadership.
• Knowledge of good understanding of critical thinking processes and delivery.
• Skill in management of professional personnel in support of development projects.
• Skill in balancing the management of multiple responsibilities.
• Skill in good leadership, vision, imagination, creativity, and motivation.
• Skill in team building, complex problem solving, and conflict resolution.
• Skill in the facilitation of focus groups and workgroups and meetings.
• Ability to partner with program divisions leading a high degree of customer satisfaction through training support services.
• Ability to author and design documents; prepare a variety of reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels.
• Project Management Institute (PMI) certification, over five (5) years of product/project management experience, Scrum/Agile Methodologies, planning, design, development, and implementation of small to large size training courses.
• Development/management of business requirements, various types of testing/problem tracking tools, change control processes, and quality assurance.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and/or 15 years of experience in business analysis (or equivalent experience).
• A valid Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) Fingerprint Clearance Card that meets DES requirements for a Level One card. The individual in this position must be able to obtain and retain this card for the duration of their employment with DES.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• The position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State-sponsored retirement contribution plan, and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines, and effective dates.
Apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. For questions about this career opportunity, please call Rose Ibe at (928) 225-4382 or email RIbe@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (928) 225-4382. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.