*This position may offer the ability to work remotely, within Arizona, based upon the department's business needs and the continual meeting of expected performance measures. *
The Business Intelligence Developer reports to the Business Intelligence Manager under the Office of Continuous Improvement (OCI). This position will identify, extract and mine data from designated sources, reorganize it in a format that can be easily analyzed, integrated and used by either human or machine. They develop statistical, analytical, and executive level reports, dashboards and charts that show data in a context that allows decision-makers to gain insights into the data and make informed business decisions.
- Performs routine analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining. Researches best practices and supports developing the solutions and recommendations for the current business operations. Works with stakeholders to identify technical requirements. Provides business data interpretation.
● Develops reports to support business operations and strategic planning
● Performs data quality assessments and evaluations including data profiling.
● Assesses complex data systems and programs in support of ad-hoc and standing management or customer requests.
- Participates in data governance activities. Helps to produce ad hoc data and reports. Assists in developing or implementing systems to capture business operation information. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Provides accurate and appropriate interpretation of data, applying knowledge to evaluation, analysis, and interpretation of data. Develops appropriate methodologies for collecting, analyzing, and presenting data products. Develops useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources.
- Performs or assists with source-to-target data mapping for data migration to new systems or data warehouses, including scripting in one or more languages.
-data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques; data warehousing and ETL techniques; statistical software BI software including Power BI; methodologies of data collection, research, and analysis
- Analytical concepts (conceptualize and organize the project planning process)
- Performance improvement methodologies and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Power BI, SharePoint, and other project management applications
-ACCWIC Coaching Model
-Coding in languages, including, but not limited to, DAX, such as SQL, Python and/or R;
-Analysis and problem-solving;
-Reporting and data visualization using software like Power BI;
-Curiosity about the meaning hidden in data; Set and meet deadlines;
-Work with and understand large data sets; Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
-QA and troubleshoot data;
-develop various statistical, analytical reports, and dashboard reports for various users.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in any field and/or two (2) years of equivalent experience, excellent communication skills. 2 years of business, data, or systems analysis or related technical experience.
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.