The Arizona Strategic Enterprise Services division is looking for an intern to join the Strategic Portfolio Management team. The team is looking for highly motivated individuals to service in IT Procurement and IT Finance. Under the leadership of the Director of Portfolio Management, these positions will be assigned projects related to key areas of opportunity within the team's functions, including: service management, demand management, IT licensing administration, procurement and marketing.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● IT Software - Learn any and all software programs required to accomplish tasks, data analysis, and other business requirements needed for success.
● IT Services - Research and develop IT service recommendations related to workflows and customer onboarding processes for Cherwell.
● IT Services - Perform market research and report on the status of non-enterprise services including presenting plans for alternative solutions that may shape the state’s future.
● IT Documentation - Develop and maintain standard work, project documentation, gain stakeholder and legal buy in on IT Documentation as needed.
● IT Procurement - Perform data analysis on IT procurement and licensing administration processes including forms and automations integrated in SmartSheets.
● Customer Feedback and Reporting - Develop dashboards and create custom reports of feedback surveys from Qualtrics.
● Projects will be tailored to successful candidates' skill sets and capacity based on the duration of the internship.
● Demonstrated experience or desire to learn Google Suite, and other software programs as required.
● Programming language knowledge is a plus but not required.
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete projects.
● Desire to collaborate.
● Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of professionals both orally and written.
● Ability to work cross functionally with professionals from diverse backgrounds.
● Ability to work more than 3 days or more/per week. Actual days and times are flexible based on the desired candidates availability.
Enrolled in an undergraduate or masters degree program in business, accounting, computer science, supply chain management, or marketing/communications.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Shelia Wiggins-Wayne at email@example.com or 480-645-2290 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.