Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) performs an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Service Representative with the Employer Engagement Administration (EEA). This position is responsible for connecting ARIZONA@WORK with our business community, providing solutions to their workforce needs. The role will develop quality and lasting relationships with area businesses, community organizations, internal and external partners, chambers of commerce, and other instrumental entities to assist job seekers in obtaining employment.
• Identify, cultivate, and engage employers in a positive relationship with ARIZONA@WORK.
• Validate, establish, register, and build long-term relationships with new and existing businesses with a focus on placement services.
• Expedite workforce solutions for business needs utilizing labor market information, education talent pipelines,
• innovative programs, and our job-seeker talent pool.
• Collaborate with our other administrations, managers, vet coordinators, disabled veterans’ team, Vocational Rehabilitation job developers to identify potential job opportunities for their clients that are in alignment with in- demand industries and skill transferability.
• Conduct outreach to employers to assist all job seekers in obtaining gainful employment; conducting recruitment events; conducting seminars for employers, conducting job search workshops; facilitate employment, training, and placement services furnished to job seekers.
• Contact community leaders, employers, unions, training programs and other service organizations to be sure eligible job seekers get the services to which they are entitled.
• Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services; stay well versed in best practices and promotional trends; continuously improve through feedback.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of effective presentation techniques
• Knowledge of federal and state unemployment and employment service laws, regulation, policies, and procedures, to include U.S. Department of Labor.
• Skills in written and oral communication to convey a wide variety of information.
• Skills in proactively developing and maintaining cooperative and professional relationships with businesses.
• Skills in time management.
• Skills in using MS Office and/or Google Docs.
• Ability to plan and organize daily work routine by establishing priorities for the completion of work in accordance with time management methodology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or working knowledge with interviewing skills and knowledge of community-based organizations.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• The position will require a current, valid Arizona Driver’s License. Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) and have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
• Candidate shall have or meet the requirements to obtain prior to their first day of employment, a valid Level One Arizona fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-1758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please call (480) 204-2707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting (480) 204-2707 or email email@example.com. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.