The Department of Economic Security, Division of Benefits and Medical Eligibility (DBME) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Buyer 3 for the Business Operations unit.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State's Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance.
Under general supervision, this position will be responsible for:
• Obtaining quotes and assembling resources to meet the unique needs of DBME offices.
• Creating Purchase Orders in the Arizona Procurement Portal (APP).
• Performing a three-way match for the processing of receipts and authorizing payments for Suppliers.
• Tracking orders and receipts using an online system developed specifically for DBME.
• Communicating with DBME offices, Suppliers, Accounts Payable, and the Office of Procurement.
• The Statewide e-procurement system (APP).
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Computerized tracking systems to ensure accountability for purchasing and receiving.
• Basic arithmetic used in business.
• Time management.
• Accurate data entry.
• Analyzing and interpreting data.
• Multi-tasking in a face paced environment with changing priorities.
• Communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external customers.
• Problem Solve and implement process improvements.
• Use Microsoft or Google products to communicate via email and to create documents and spreadsheets.
• Work independently from home while functioning as an essential member of a small team.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• In-state travel may be required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
• On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Lizeth Chavez at (520) 255-9053 or email LizethChavez@azdes.gov.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 520-255-9053. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.