Are you an expert at procuring supplies? How about negotiating contracts or services? Don’t wait, just apply right now!
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a detail-oriented individual responsible for receiving and analyzing purchase requests for materials, services, and supplies.
- Purchases goods and services
- Solicits verbal and written quotes as required
- Maintains state-awarded contract files
- Prepares purchase orders
- Coordinates with managers to order required commodities
- Researches and composes bids, proposals, and quotes by commodity area, specifications, and contractual terms
- Develops bids to fulfill departmental requirements and best interest
- Analyzes the proposals submitted and seek the end user’s input
- Prepares an award recommendation for the manager’s approval
- Researches new sources and maintains a list of vendors
- Interviews and corresponds with vendors regarding pricing, availability, and market trends
- Contacts vendors regarding any discrepancies in pricing, shipping, or delivery time frames
- Plans and participates in commodity surveys, analysis results, and take necessary action
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Arizona Procurement Code and departmental policies and procedures relating to purchasing
- Purchasing business practices and procedures
- Mathematics and general accounting practices/techniques
- Standard commodities and products
- Source of supply for statewide, local, and national markets
- Pricing trends
- Personal computer and software applications
- English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Office procedures and equipment
- Filing and maintaining documentation
- Automated data storage and retrieval
- Report preparation and production
- Verbal and written communications
- Prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organizing tasks
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Operating a calculator
- Typing work assignments to achieve timely results
- Communicate effectively
- Learn and adhere to the ADCRR policies and procedures
- Make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately using a calculator
- Apply sound critical judgment
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with all levels of the organization and the public
- Maintain confidentiality
- Research, collect, and organize data
- Supervise and mentor subordinate staff
- Work in a prison environment
- Two (2) years of experience equivalent to a Buyer I
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in purchasing and one (1) year of experience
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.