At the Arizona Department of Child Safety (“DCS”), we call ourselves "compassioneers" because everything we do is done with a compassionate heart. We work tirelessly to protect children, reunify families, ensure safe living environments and prevent unnecessary trauma. As an agency, we are proud to be a pillar of strength for our communities, and proud to do work each day that makes an impact on the world around us every day.
Becoming a Case Aide at DCS can be a life-changing event! If you have a passion to work with children and families, DCS is the place for you.
Together we can make a difference through service!
Candidates who are successfully employed as Case Aide for five (4) years will be eligible to apply for a promotional opportunity to a DCS Specialist Trainee Position ($18.6664 hourly).
A DCS Case Aide works in the field, in collaboration with the case management team, and provides a variety of services to families and children in various social service programs. A day in the life of a DCS Case Aide can look like:
• Supervising visitation meetings among clients (parents and children)
• Assisting DCS Case Managers with filing, disclosers, packets, case notes, etc.
• Entering case notes into the computer-based Case Management System
• Driving on state business to transport children to appointments, etc.
• Assisting clients with application processes as needed
• Participating in a variety of meetings and/or client hearings, as requested
Alternative work hours may be required, including overtime, weekends and holidays.
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid Arizona issued driver’s license.
• Level one Fingerprint Clearance card - Arizona.
Selected candidates must be able to pass a background investigation and DCS Central Registry check.
Requires the possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
• Paid sick leave
• Paid annual leave
• Ten paid holidays per calendar year
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• Arizona State Retirement System Savings (ASRS)
• Employee and Dependent Life insurance
• Long-term and short-term disability insurance
• Deferred compensation plans
• Wellness incentive program
• Employee discount program for higher education, products and services
• Education Savings – AZ529
• Employee Assistance Program
DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at DCS!
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of state employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.