Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through providing services to support them? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Case Manager 2. DDD provides individuals with developmental disabilities, and their families, services and supports that are flexible, high quality, and member driven. These services provide individuals with opportunities to exercise their rights and responsibilities of independent decision-making and engagement in the community.
• Drive a vehicle to conduct onsite visits to members’ homes, schools and/or program sites to develop relationships and to discuss service needs and supports
• Develop, write, review, monitor and evaluate Individual Support Plan (ISP) in accordance with mandated timeliness and document individual progress and concerns, and complete appropriate referrals to community agencies
• Research community for available resources to meet needs identified in ISP and to inform member of resource options
• Facilitate meetings and program visits to assist with member/family choices; Complete referrals for assessed/covered services
• Collaborate with community agencies to provide assistance and support to members and families in crisis
• Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Knowledge of medical and behavioral health issues and terminology
• Knowledge of methods, procedures, and techniques used in the development of Individual Support Plans (ISP)
• Knowledge of Federal and State statutes and agency policies and procedures relating to the care and assistance for individuals with developmental disabilities
• Knowledge of principles and practices of case management
• Skills in oral and written communication
• Skills in developing, evaluating, and maintaining member service plans
• Skills in interviewing, counseling, and interacting with members and family members
• Skills in problem identification and resolution
• Ability to work independently and within diverse work teams
• Ability to document case files and information within required/mandated timelines
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Candidate must be an Arizona licensed Registered Nurse in good standing OR possess a Bachelor Degree in Social Work (SW), OR Psychology, Special Education or Counseling AND have at least one (1) year experience providing case management services to persons who are elderly and/or persons with physical or developmental disabilities and/or members determined to have a Serious Mental illness (SMI); OR candidate must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience providing case management services to persons who are elderly and/or persons with physical or developmental disabilities and/or members determined to have a Serious Mental illness (SMI)
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service, Behavioral Science or related field AND have at least one (1) year experience providing case management services to persons who are elderly and/or persons with physical or developmental disabilities and/or members determined to have a Serious Mental illness (SMI) OR have at least three (3) years’ experience working with or for individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Arizona Level 1 Clearance Card is required
• Requires a valid state-issued driver’s license
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
The Arizona Department of Economic Security offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Career Advancement & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible schedules to create a work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Stipend Opportunities
- Infant at Work Program
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact Kari Nagler at 480-536-2513 or email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as sign language interpreter or alternative format by contacting 480-536-2513.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.