Tuesday through Saturday 2-11 pm.
Under the general supervision of the Department of Child Safety (DCS) Program Supervisor, this position manages the work flow of placement referrals, to find appropriate placement for the children coming in to DCS custody, completes tracking logs, and support staff that engage in child safety services.
Applicants must have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree from a US Department of Education accredited college or
university, OR have four (4) years of experience as a DCS Case Aide
• Successfully pass a writing exam and an oral interview
• Successfully clear background and employment reference checks
• Obtain a Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
• Have a valid Arizona driver license and clear a 39 month Motor Vehicle Report check (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12)
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver license
• Provide valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration
Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, required to maintain acceptable driving records and complete any required driver training
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
In an effort to better serve our communities, DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
All Child Safety Specialist positions participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility becomes effective after 27 weeks of state employment.
ASRS is a defined benefit plan which means at retirement you are guaranteed a lifetime benefit that does not run out and can never be reduced!
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.