CENTRAL DISTRIBUTION UNIT
• This position maintains a variety of shipping data bases; compiles and inputs data pertaining to numbers of address corrections, additions, and deletions necessary to keep required data bases current; maintains inventory of consumable supplies for the Central Distribution Services department; compiles and inputs data for monthly expenditures reports; maintains and operates ADE mail room and warehouse equipment; distributes and processes agency mail, Fed Ex, UPS, and U.S.P.S.; compiles data for charge-back reports; provides customer service; responds to and settles customer concerns; delivers materials for conferences; coordinates and provides courier services to multiple ADE locations utilizing a state vehicle.
• In-state travel is required for this position.
• Maintain and operate ADE mail room and warehouse equipment.
• Distribute and process agency mail using Federal Express (Fed Ex), the United Parcel Service (UPS). and the United States Postal Service (U.S.P.S.)
• Compile data for chargeback reports
• Data entry pertaining to address corrections, additions, and deletions necessary to keep databases current
• Maintain a variety of shipping databases
• Provide assistance to customers (external and internal)
• Respond to and resolve customer concerns
• Coordinate and provide delivery services to multiple locations for ADE
• Analyze data derived from various financial reports of a narrative, financial, and/or statistical nature (daily, weekly, and monthly - goals & measures)
• Maintain inventory of consumable supplies
• Compile and analyze data for monthly expenditures report
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Motor vehicle rules and regulations
• General office practices and procedures
• Proper use of grammar and spelling
• Problem solving
• Communication, both verbally and in writing
• Basic skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Tracking data and data entry into reports/logs
• Operating a pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Time management
• Excellent customer service
• Follow departmental, agency, state, and federal rules, regulations, policies, and procedures relating to the position
• Complete accurate data entry and generate reports
• Operate a motor vehicle safely, including a pickup truck and cargo van; maintain a good driving record
• Operate various mail room equipment
• Cross train in other departmental functions
• Push, pull, and/or lift 50 pounds
• Preference will be given to those applicants with inventory and/or warehouse experience.
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.