Phoenix, AZ 85012
The Arizona State Veteran’s Home – Phoenix is looking for Certified Nursing Assistants, who will commit themselves to providing our residents with efficient, courteous and compassionate care. This position carries out all assigned para-professional nursing care and treatment services in a prescribed and efficient manner. Provides a safe therapeutic and hygienic environment.
• Performs or assists geriatric care residents in ambulation, eating, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene and other ADLs while operating or assisting in the use of a variety of medical equipment, materials and supplies such as geri-chairs, mechanical lifts, wheelchairs, oxygen regulators, braces, prosthetic devices, catheter care etc.
• Assists in monitoring physical and mental status of residents by utilizing appropriate medical equipment and techniques to take vital signs; obtain urine, sputum or stool samples; and track input /output. Communicates observes and document all information.
• Provides for resident care and comfort by responding to patient requests (verbal or call light) for assistance in a timely manner, transporting to dining room or activities, and listening to and communication resident concerns and needs to staff, families and volunteers.
• Participates in multi-disciplinary staffing and trainings for development of patient care plans, informational and update exchanges and increasing knowledge, skills and abilities.
• Follows written and verbal instructions of medical staff in the provision of care including transporting, turning, repositioning, range of motion exercise and sensory stimulation
• Responds appropriately to licensed nurses and assists with assaultive or combative residents following established policies and procedures.
• Reports to and assists licensed nurses in an emergency situation rapidly and appropriately following established policies and procedures
• Keeps areas neat and sanitary by changing bedding and linens; cleaning and disinfection commodes, urinals, bedpans and humidifiers; providing fresh water, etc as assigned.
• Assist nursing staff with simple medical procedures such as suppositories, enemas, treatments, post-surgical care and post mortem care utilizing universal precautions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned such as labeling resident’s personal property; cleaning/maintaining patient areas; assisting in special resident activities; reading or writing letters for residents; dialing or answering resident phones; stuffing; pulling or labeling charts, etc.
• Principles, practices and techniques of para-professional nursing care, treatment and services appropriate to the work setting
• State and agency laws and regulations governing para-professional nursing practices
• Practices and Procedures of using medical equipment in assigned duties
• Practices and procedures established for the work environment
• Practices and techniques applied in maintaining a safe, orderly, therapeutic and hygienic environment
• Applying methods and techniques of para-professional nursing practices
• Applying and interpreting State and agency laws and regulations governing para-professional nursing practices
• Using and maintaining medical equipment
• Applying methods and techniques in maintaining a safe, orderly, therapeutic and hygienic environment
• Recording, maintaining, filing and retrieving medical records
• Verbal and written commutation skills
• Interpersonal relationships skills
• Assess client needs and evaluate usefulness or suitability of resources
• Work with difficult people; establish and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, client families, team member and service providers.
One or more years of Skilled Nursing Facility or Long-Term Care Experience preferred.
• Current Negative Tb skin test (Mantoux skin test) within the last 6 months or a written statement from a physician, physician’s assistant or a registered nurse practitioner indicating freedom from tuberculosis, if in the past has had a positive skin test or tuberculosis
• Currently possess or ability to obtain and /or retain an Arizona Department of Public Safety Class 1 Fingerprint Card
• Current Arizona State Certified Nursing Assistant License
• Current CPR card that was obtained by physical assessment
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 602.781.7032 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.