Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
The DES, Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Child Support Services Case Manager (CSS Officer 2) with the East Regional Office.
This position is responsible for:
- Performing the full-range of journey level child support case management duties associated with child support activities.
- Providing services to custodial and non-custodial parents to establish paternity, establish orders, review orders for modification based on economic circumstances, and enforce orders for support.
- Locate absent parents to collect and enforce child support obligations/payments.
- Review and analyze case files.
- Determine appropriate legal actions to be initiated; prepare and files pleadings for court actions (e.g. contempt petitions, wage assignments, etc.).
- Interview individuals who are parties to the case.
- Collect child support for distribution to the applicant or state.
- Collect pertinent documents and information; draft correspondence.
- Communicate with various judicial jurisdictions.
- Assist in on-the-job training and provide technical assistance to subordinate level staff.
- Strong understanding of case management principles and techniques.
- General working knowledge of legal documents and procedures; court and legal system processes.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience in maintaining and organizing a high-volume caseload.
- Proficient in computer software applications, i.e. Microsoft Office applications and Google tools.
- Proficient in automated information and case management systems.
- Skilled in use of interviewing techniques to obtain information.
- Experience collecting or recovering expenses, repayment, fees, or obligations.
- Ability to learn automated systems, the Arizona Child Support Services case management system, manual and automated enforcement tools, and interfacing databases.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, performance driven environment.
- Ability to meet performance measures and data reliability goals.
- One-year experience as a Child Support Services Officer I in Arizona State Service or the equivalent in another jurisdiction. Any combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) may be substituted.
- The ideal/preferred candidate will be skilled in: Case management; investigative research and analytical ability; court order interpretation; collections experience.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- The position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-542-8900.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.